Using the Library
Powell Library is located on the southwest end of Dickson Plaza.
At This Location
- 24 Hour Study Space
- ADA Stations
- Computer/Laptop Access
- Laptop Lending
- Print, Copy and Scan
- Research Help
Services & Resources
- help We can help at every stage of the research process. Schedule a consultation or stop by a help desk!
- help Learn how to access UCLA Library resources and spaces while the Powell Reading Room is closed for seismic upgrades.
- help Wondering how the Library can help provide access to your course materials? Check out our resources for students and instructors on how to request, manage and access course reserves.
- help While Powell Library is undergoing seismic construction, we will prioritize student study space. We are not accepting event or filming requests at this time.
- help The UCLA Library lends laptops and other technology equipment to the UCLA community.
Events & Exhibitions
Powell Library offers students opportunities to discover their intellectual passions, explore their creative talents and engage in community with others. Our services, spaces, collections and programs promote student learning and success at UCLA and beyond!
Services include research and instructional consultations, workshops, learning and instructional technology support and writing consultations offered in partnership with the Undergraduate Writing Center.
Quiet and collaborative study spaces are available throughout the building, including group study rooms(opens in a new tab) and multi-use teaching and learning spaces.
Powell Library collections support current and emerging undergraduate curricula in the humanities, social sciences, sciences and mathematics, including interdisciplinary programs and initiatives. We are also home to our Community Collections, thematic collections co-curated by librarians and students to support lifelong learning. The Community Collections are located in the Main Reading Room on the second floor.
Powell Library also offers a wide variety of programming, including exhibits, concerts, dances, readings and other events that support student learning and creativity.
To learn more about the architecture, read UCLA Powell Library Building(opens in a new tab) by Miriam Dudley.