Borrowing Books and Equipment
- help UCLA Library holds a vast collection of physical items accessible to both UCLA and non-UCLA users, ranging from books to laptops.
- help The UCLA Library lends laptops and other technology equipment to the UCLA community.
- help Wondering how the Library can help provide access to your course materials? Check out our resources for students and instructors on how to request, manage and access course reserves.
- help Our interlibrary loan (ILL) service enables Bruins to obtain materials not physically available in UCLA libraries.
- help Requests for items stored in the SRLF — which houses a variety of materials from multiple UC campuses — can be made both in person and online.
- help Users who wish to obtain a scan from UCLA Library collection can utilize our document delivery service.
Access and Privileges
- help Looking to access UCLA Library's vast collections? Library cards are available to patrons both affiliated with and unaffiliated with the UC.
- help Check out our options for self-service printing, scanning and copying of materials in campus libraries.
- help Learn how to pay fines and fees from both the UCLA Library and other UC libraries.
- help Library staff members work to ensure that all materials, programs and services are accessible to users with disabilities.
- help Learn about how to visit and access our spaces, collections and world-class resources.
- about These Library policies and procedures provide guidance for conduct, borrowing, copyright and more.
Computers and Computing Services
- help Learn how to use a VPN or proxy server to access UCLA Library resources from off-campus.
- help Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi in UCLA Library buildings and the rest of campus.
- help Bruins with an internet connection can access our virtual Windows desktops, loaded with a plethora of software and programs.
- help With 3D printers and laser cutters, the Lux Lab serves as a hub for emerging technology at UCLA.
Library Spaces and Facilities
- default Reserve a study room or collaboration pod for group work.
- help Learn about the YRL day-use and quarter locker rental options.
- help Find out more about how faculty can reserve carrels on floors 3-5 of YRL.
- help One of the main research hubs on campus, the Charles E. Young Research Library offers multiple spaces to hold conferences, symposia, workshops and other programs.
Have Further Questions?
We're here to help. Chat with a librarian 24/7, schedule a research consultation or email us your quick questions.