How to Connect
Current students, faculty and staff can access Library subscription resources off campus. This can be done through our virtual private network (VPN) or proxy server. The proxy server and the VPN require a UCLA Logon ID and multi-factor authentication (MFA) enrollment. Please contact the UCLA IT Support Center if you have problems setting up either one.
Each of the off-campus access resources works differently:
- Proxy Server: A web browser setting that diverts users to a UCLA logon page whenever they access a site for which UCLA has a subscription.
- VPN: A program you can download and install. You will have access to Library materials once you log on with the VPN software.
- MFA: An additional layer of security for systems, such as Duo Mobile.
Students and Staff in Professional Schools
Students and staff at certain professional schools should use the following connection methods. These methods provide access to additional resources.
- Mednet VPN: Offers a software VPN (like the campus-wide one) and a WebVPN (login via browser window).
- Users from Veterans Affairs West Los Angeles Medical Center need to use the VPN to access library resources from off-campus. The VA national network does not allow proxy access.
Have Further Questions?
We're here to help. Chat with a librarian 24/7, schedule a research consultation or email us your quick questions.