Have questions about your research?
We can help!
As used here, document delivery is defined as the copying of items held at UCLA that is done by library staff at the request and on behalf of users. This service is provided only for articles available in print collections held in UCLA libraries; users should consult the UC Library Search catalog before submitting a request to make sure that UCLA has a print copy of the journal the article appears in. Unless another delivery option is selected, requested print articles are scanned and posted on a secure web server, and requesters are notified by email when the articles are available for viewing/printing.
Book loans are NOT available through this service. Individuals with current UCLA library cards can borrow books in person. Those without library cards should contact their local public or college libraries to request interlibrary loans of UCLA books; the UCLA Library offers interlibrary loans only through other libraries or institutions.
To request document delivery services, please fill out the form below.
Individuals should provide credit-card information by contacting participating libraries by telephone; do not send credit-card information by fax or email. Cost for each service is as follows:
- Research Library Document Delivery Service
- Law Library Document Delivery Service
- Southern Regional Library Facility Document Delivery Service
Journal articles, conference papers, and book chapters are delivered via the web, as follows:
- Pages are scanned, converted into Acrobat PDF format, and stored on a secure library server.
- You are notified by email when your document is available.
- Open the URL provided in the body of the email to read or print the document.
Rush service is available for an additional fee at all libraries offering document delivery services.