OpenUCLA Affordable Course Materials Initiative Award
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
OpenUCLA ACMI Award
The UCLA Library is excited to announce the OpenUCLA Affordable Course Materials Initiative Award Call for Applications.
Two OpenUCLA ACMI awards, in the amount of $5,000 each, will be awarded to the successful proposals that result in the development and release of an Open Educational Resource (OER), to be made available on eScholarship. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received, and may involve a preliminary interview before a decision is rendered.
- The OpenUCLA ACMI is to be awarded to two instructors who create original, openly licensed open educational resources (OERs) as a condition of receiving these awards.
- The created materials must fully replace the textbook requirements for the specified course, and eliminate the need for students enrolled in the (undergraduate or graduate) course to purchase any required textbooks.
- The resulting OER will be licensed Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 4.0 and made available through eScholarship; the instructor has the option of uploading the resulting OER to additional sites and platforms.
- The $5,000 award shall be disbursed in increments, with an initial $1,000 awarded to the successful applicant at the time of award, and the balance of the award disbursed upon completion and delivery of the OER to UCLA Library.
- The instructor may arrange to receive $1,500 of the remaining $4,000 disbursement mid-way through the agreed upon activity period (to be determined post-award). In the event the instructors chooses to exercise this option, the final disbursement amount will be $2,500 as the third and final disbursement that will be awarded at the time of receipt of OER.
To complete your application, please visit: OpenUCLA ACMI Application
The deadline for submissions is Friday,
March 20, 2020. Deadline extended to May 1, 2020.
If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the UCLA Library's Affordable Course Materials Initiative (ACMI)
Since 2013, UCLA Library’s Affordable Course Materials Initiative has helped lower the cost of course materials for thousands of UCLA students while achieving instructors’ educational objectives. ACMI has supported instructors in the use of low-cost or free alternatives to expensive course materials, including open access scholarly resources, Library-licensed and owned resources in print or digital format, reformatted special collections items, and original learning objects and texts created by UCLA faculty. ACMI helps more closely align Library collections, services, and expertise with instructional needs.