Library Teaching Support
Incorporate Research and Writing Tools in Your Courses
You can take any of the simple steps below to help foster reading and writing skills in your students:
- Get in contact with the Library: Please email email@example.com for ideas, training, technical support and resources.
- Add this paragraph to your syllabus: "Looking for help with a research paper or project? You can find research help at the UCLA Library. You can book one-on-one consultations, send an email and use the 24/7 chat box to connect with librarians."
- Get students connected from off-campus: Make sure students know how to use the VPN/Proxy server to access Library resources off-campus. Share these videos and this handout to help them install these resources.
- Show your students the "Library Resources" menu in your Bruin Learn course site: Help your students find relevant research guides and access research help through Bruin Learn. You can find the Library Resources menu in the left navigation on your Bruin Learn course site.
Online Research and Writing Workshops
Our Writing Instruction + Research Education (WI+RE) team designs research and writing tutorials. You can help students find books and articles, avoid plagiarism and improve their research and writing skills with WI+RE's collection of online modules. These tutorials can be embedded in your Bruin Learn site. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- default Ways to get involved in research or start your own.
- default Learn strategies for generating research questions and turning those questions into keywords.
- default Explore Library research guides, learn strategies for getting the information you need and find out about research consultations.
- default Cite sources in a consistent style and ensure all information is properly attributed.
- default Learn strategies for writing a literature review, from recognizing key components to organizing sources.
- default Ways to communicate your findings to others, whether verbal or written.
Have Further Questions?
We're here to help. Chat with a librarian 24/7, schedule a research consultation or email us your quick questions.