The National Central Library(opens in a new tab) (NCL) initiated the development of the Taiwan Resource Center for Chinese Studies(opens in a new tab) (TRCCS) in 2012. The purpose of the TRCCS is to promote Taiwan’s achievements in Chinese studies, build a global Sinological resource and information platform and create a deeper, broader cultural exchange network. These efforts are part of the past three decades' work to strengthen publication exchanges and academic interactions with the rest of the world.
Shu-Hsien Tseng, Director-General of NCL, and Sharon Farb, Associate University Librarian for Special Collections and International Collaborations, signed an agreement on November 13, 2017. Their signatures marked the establishment of the third TRCCS in the United States at UCLA.
During the first year of collaboration with UCLA, the NCL donated over 1,000 titles on Chinese Studies published in Taiwan to the Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library. You can view an accumulative list of the TRCCS titles(opens in a new tab) in our library catalog. In addition, the NCL provides access to the following databases:
- National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan(opens in a new tab) (臺灣博碩士論文知識加值系統).
- PerioPath: Index to Taiwan Periodical Literature System(opens in a new tab) (臺灣期刊論文索引系統).
- Digital Images of Rare Books(opens in a new tab) (古籍影像檢索).
- Union Catalog of Rare Books Database(opens in a new tab) (中文古籍聯合目錄).
- Bronze & Stone Rubbing Database(opens in a new tab) (金石拓片資料).
- Sinica Sinoweb (opens in a new tab)(經典人文學刊庫).