Have questions about your research?
We can help!
UCLA Library Special Collections will be CLOSED for the following University Holidays:
- Presidents' Day: Monday, February 20th, 2023
- César Chávez Day: Friday, March 31st, 2023
Please note: Requests to digitize AV may take several months from the time your order is received; please let us know if you would like an update on the timeframe for your AV request.
In order to access LSC materials, please register for an LSC user account. All requests must be submitted at least two business days in advance in order to ensure timely delivery. We encourage researchers to check our posted hours and verify that their paged items show the status “Item on Hold in Reading Room” prior to their visits.
Our FAQ page contains answers to many common questions, including how to research and access our collections.
- Be clear about what we know, how we know it, and what we don't know
- Embrace baseline description as a tool to improve the discoverability of all our materials
- Demonstrate an understanding that description is a continuous and necessarily iterative endeavor
Read more about our past and current approaches to description: Toward Ethical and Inclusive Descriptive Practices in UCLA Library Special Collections.