Using the Library
At This Location
- Research Help
Services & Resources
- help The Data Science Center provides support in data, mapping and geographic information systems (GIS).
- help With 3D printers and laser cutters, the Lux Lab serves as a hub for emerging technology at UCLA.
- help Discover how you can preserve your research for the long term here at UCLA.
- default The SSDA houses surveys, lists, opinion polls, administrative records and census data. The research represents a wide range of topics, from political attitudes to social mobility.
- default This team of students supports data-related projects at UCLA. Schedule a meeting to see how they can help with coding, data visualization and more.
- default This guide provides information on the best practices for management of research data, including links to data.
The DSC can facilitate connections to a number of partners on campus and in the larger data and open science environment.
- default UCLA Statistical Counseling provides advice and collaboration on advanced projects while also educating researchers on appropriate methodology and application. Walk-in consultations available.
- default As a member of and contact point for the Carpentries at UCLA, the DSC teaches foundational coding and data science skills to researchers worldwide.
- default BITSS works to strengthen the integrity of social science research and evidence used for policy-making.
- default OSF is an open source software project that facilitates open collaboration in science research. Access OSF with your UCLA login ID to connect with your UCLA colleagues.
- default ICPSR maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data. UCLA is a founding member and continues to contribute to the collections.
The Data Science Center's mission is to foster a welcoming research community by developing data literacy and foundational coding skills through consulting and education. We support researchers throughout the full data life cycle of activities: planning research projects and data management plans; data acquisition, storage, cleaning and usage; analysis; publication; curation; and preservation. Please schedule a consultation(opens in a new tab) with us if you would like our help with any of your data-based projects.