|SEL / Boelter||30|
|SEL / Geology||15|
Overnight Laptops are here!!!
Overnight laptops are available for checkout to current UCLA undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff with their valid BruinCard. They can be checked out from our Powell lending location between 9:00 PM and 10:00 PM Sunday through Thursday, and they are due back the next morning at 9:00 AM. The same late fines apply. Overnight laptop lending is available Sunday through Thursday, Week 1 through Finals Week every quarter.
- Where: CLICC Powell Lending (in the Powell Reading Room)
- When: 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday
- Due Date: 9:00 AM the next morning
CLICC offers a large selection of equipment, such as laptops, projectors, GoPro cameras, and a wide variety of small items, that are available to check out. For more specific information on our equipment, lending policies, and fines, please see our list of equipment below:
- Laptop Lending
- Presentation Kits (projectors)
- Video Kits (GoPro cameras)
- Studio 22 (more specialized video equipment)
- Small Items Lending
- Information on Fines
CLICC offers laptop lending to any UCLA student, faculty and staff with a valid BruinCard. We have lending locations in seven libraries: Arts, Biomed, SEL/Geology, Music, Powell, SEL/Boelter, and Research Library. Laptops are checked out for four hours at a time, and users may renew their laptop once for an additional four hours. In addition to laptops, CLICC also lends out headphones, mice, VGA cables and adapters, as well as projectors (only at Research Library and Powell lending locations).
Who can check out a laptop?
- Current undergraduate and graduate students, staff, and faculty can check out laptops as long as they have a BruinCard. No other form of ID will be accepted.
- Laptop borrowing privileges may be revoked or suspended based on violations of policies at the discretion of Library Administration.
How do I check out a laptop?
- Approach the laptop lending counter at any of our laptop lending stations (see above) and present a valid BruinCard. CLICC consultants or staff members will scan the laptop, charger, and any other small items you would like to check out, and will issue you a laptop bag.
How long can I have the laptop?
- The laptop is due in exactly 4 hours, or at the time of closing if there are less than 4 hours remaining in that day. Laptops can be renewed only once.
- You can log onto your My Account on the Library Catalog to verify your laptop due time. In My Account you can also check if your laptop has been discharged fom your account after you return it.
Can I renew my laptop? How do I do that?
- Yes, laptops can be renewed once for another 4 hours period starting from time of the renewal, or until closing time.
- The laptop must be renewed before the due date time. You cannot renew a laptop if it is already late. You must bring the laptop, along with the bag and all its accessories, to the lending station and check-in the laptop. Only then can you check-out the laptop and start a new four hour block.
- You can renew your laptop online via the icon provided on the desktop of the laptop, over the phone, or in person at the lending location.
How do I return my laptop?
- Return your laptop on-time with the bag and all its accessories to the lending station from which you obtained the laptop.
- An inventory will be made of all these items, and the screen will be checked for cracks or other damage. If something is missing or damages were incurred, it will be noted in our system and you may be fined.
But what if my laptop's lending station is closed?
- All laptops may be returned at 145 Powell Library if other lending stations are closed.
- If you noticed a problem with your laptop, please let the CLICC consultant or staff know upon return so we can address the problem.
CLICC offers six Presentation Kits for use across campus. Each kit contains a compact projector, VGA cable, VGA to Thunderbolt adapter, a power cable, and an extension cable. Students, faculty, and staff can borrow these kits free of charge for up to four hours by presenting their active BruinCard.
Two kits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Biomedical Library circulation desk.
Four additional presentation kits are available by reservation only at the CLICC Lab in Powell Library and CLICC Lending in the Research Library. These four kits can be reserved online by students, faculty, and staff.
General questions about this service can be submitted to the UCLA Library IT Help Portal.
Late presentation kits will incur fines.
CLICC offers students the opportunity to choose one of two options for recording videos: using a GoPro or using an iPad. Each device comes in a "kit," which includes a variety of accessories to optimize the video. Additionally, CLICC offers light and tripod kits for students attempting to create more professional projects.
What kinds of video equipment do you have?
- 2 GoPro camera kits (comes with: GoPro HERO 3+ Silver camera, 2 batteries, external charger, smart remote, remote cable, mini USB cable)
- 2 GoPro mount kit (comes with: 1 long screw, 2 small screws, flat, circular mount, vertical quick release, quick release, small pivot, long pivot)
- 1 GoPro 3-way kit (comes with: base + tripod, pivot arm, end arm, large knob, small knob, thumb screw)
- 1 GoPro action kit (comes with: chest harness, helmet strap)
- 2 light kits
- 1 tripod kit
CLICC will be updating its fleet of video gear in Spring 2018. Please stay tuned for exciting updates!
Who can check out video equipment?
- Undergraduate and graduate students, Staff, and Faculty can check out video equipment as long as they have a BruinCard. No other form of ID will be accepted.
How many kits can I check out at once?
- Only one of the two types of video kits at a time can be checked out at a time; however, you may add as many additional "accessory kits" (i.e. GoPro accessories, light, tripod) as you would in addition to the video kits.
CLICC has partnered with Residential Life Studio 22 for your filmmaking and creative media needs!
What kinds of video equipment does Studio 22 have? What about software?
Studio 22 offers the following list of equipment and tools for students to use and or check out:
MMAC kit which consists of:
- Canon T5i
- 2 lenses
- LED Light Panel
- Rhode Microphone
- Memory cards
- MMAC kit which consists of:
Studio 22 also has reversable multimedia production resources available at the studio:
- Video Editin Bays
- Music production tools & software
- Multimedia Studio Reservations (3-our time blocks)
- 1 on 1 instruction/tutoring/consultation (video film, music production, social media & marketing)
For a full list of equipment and software, visit the Studio 22 website.
Who can check out Studio 22 equipment?
Where can I check out Studio 22 equipment?
CLICC offers small item lending for headsets, mice, expo markers, VGA adapters, and VGA cables. These are available to any undergraduate or graduate student, Staff, or Faculty with a valid BruinCard. Late small items will incur fines.
- $0.20 per minute after a laptop or any equipment is late.
- After 24 hours from overdue, in addition to the late fee at $0.20 per minute (or $12.00 per hour), an Item Replacement Fee and a $43 flat processing fee will be charged.
A list of replacement fees for each item is posted at each lending location.
Users are also responsible for any items that have been tampered with in any way or are missing.
Laptop and equipment fines are billed to your BAR account and show up a few days after the infraction. Any questions about fines should be directed to the UCLA Library IT Help Portal.