UCLA Library Special Collections inspires discovery, cultivates knowledge, advances research and preserves cultural heritage to create a unique learning environment for the UCLA community and society at large. We welcome researchers to explore our collections of rare books, archives, manuscripts, oral histories and other materials and to utilize our services.
This guide can help you find and use our unique materials. If you have any questions, please contact us at AskLSC@library.ucla.edu(opens in a new tab).
Access & Request
- help Learn how to access Library Special Collections materials digitally from anywhere in the world.
- default Watch this video to learn how to request materials listed in the Online Archive of California (OAC) for use in the Library Special Collections Reading Room.
Instruction & Exhibitions
- help We can work with you to create active engagement with LSC materials and embed primary source literacy into your curriculum.
- help UCLA Library Special Collections (LSC) lends items for exhibition to museums and cultural heritage sites worldwide. Read on for more information about how to request a loan to your institution.
LSC Policies and Procedures
- about UCLA Library Special Collections (LSC) duplication policies.
- about Policy for using UCLA Library Special Collections materials in the Ahmanson-Murphy Reading Room.
- about Procedures, policies and fees for UCLA Library Special Collections e-delivery and duplication services.
Have Further Questions?
We're here to help. Chat with a librarian 24/7, schedule a research consultation or email us your quick questions.