Using the Library
The Biomedical Library is located in room 077 of the first floor of the Center for the Health Sciences. The building is located on the southeast side of the UCLA campus.
At This Location
- 24 Hour Study Space
- ADA Stations
- Computer/Laptop Access
- Laptop Lending
- Print, Copy and Scan
- Research Help
Services & Resources
- help We can help at every stage of the research process. Schedule a consultation or stop by a help desk!
- default This page serves as a home base for research in the biomedical, health and life sciences, with materials ranging from article databases to patient care tools.
- default Access more than 34 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals and online books through this resource.
- default Find research guides and databases related to a variety of health and life science disciplines.
- default UCLA Science Libraries provide extensive access to collections across the life, health, physical and engineering sciences.
The Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library primarily serves the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA; the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health, the Schools of Dentistry and Nursing; the Life Sciences division of the UCLA College; related institutes in biomedicine; and the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. The collections are broad in scope and designed to support their primary clientele's teaching, research and patient-care-related needs. In addition, the collections are a resource for the health, life sciences and psychology communities. The collection includes more than 683,778 print volumes and provides access to thousands of electronic resources, including journals, databases and other materials.
Louise Darling(opens in a new tab) (1911-1999) is the founding director of the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library.