Have questions about your research?
We can help!
UCLA Library has a variety of services and experts to support researchers of all disciplines.
Finding and Collecting Data
- Locate all types of data from numerous sources, including government, open-access, and licensed databases. List of current data and statistics resources.
- Scrape data from online sources and work with content providers to get access for researchers.
- Collect your own data.
- Plan ahead about how to manage research data to save time, ensure that data is properly documented and reproducible, and create opportunities for collaboration.
- Many funding agencies require that grant proposals include a plan for how research data will be managed and shared. Learn more.
Data Visualization and Analysis
- Visualize and analyze your data sets with a variety of tools and methods. We can advise you about options and help structure your project, including cleaning and organizing data.
Librarians and library staff are available to consult with researchers and research teams on a variety of data-related topics. Please fill out the form to request an appointment.
Workshops and Events
Use the form to schedule a workshop for your group. Please give at least 2 weeks notice for scheduling.
- Mapping tools
- Data visualization (Tableau, Voyant, Mallet)
- Web-scraping and other data collection
- Cleaning and formatting messy data
- Network analysis
- Citation/bibliographic management tools (Zotero, Endnote, or Mendeley)
Spaces for Research Teams
The UCLA Libraries have spaces to meet a variety of working styles and team needs that may be reserved in advance or used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Scholarly Innovation Lab (Research Library)
- Research Commons (Research Library - group study rooms and pods)
- Research Commons (SEL - group study room and collaborative space)
Library workstations and laptops are loaded with a wide variety of software and tools. View the list to see what is available.
Software Central provides discounts for individuals to install software.
Partner with the Library
The UCLA Library partners with researchers on grant-funded and other projects that utilize library expertise and resources, and that support the Library's strategic goals. Current partners included the UCLA Center for Digital Humanities and IDRE. To learn more, contact your department's library liaison.