Access to UCLA Collections
The UCLA Library has resumed onsite services for members of the general public. Proper face masks, such as surgical, KN95 and N95, are recommended for entry. Please see the Fall 2022 FAQ page for more information.
- Borrowing requires a UCLA Library card.
- Access to some collections requires a free Access Only card.
- Remote access to print and microform collections may be available in a number of ways:
- Interlibrary loan: Your local library can borrow UCLA materials and loan them to you. Check with your local library for interlibrary loan service availability, procedures, and costs.
- UCLA Document Delivery: A cost-recovery service which will scan journal articles and mail them to you. (The Library cannot provide scanned copies of entire books or journals.)
- Special Collections materials: See Special Collections Reproductions for all requests concerning collections in Library Special Collections.
- Online collections are available to all users while physically on-campus.
- Off-campus access to online collections is only available to current UCLA students, faculty, and staff.
No ID Required
Access-Only Card Required
Borrowing Card Required
The following services are available only to current UCLA students, faculty, and staff:
- Off-campus access to online subscription sources
- Laptop checkout
- Group study rooms and other reservable spaces
- Access to 24-hour study spaces
- Interlibrary loan (borrow materials from beyond UCLA)