- Traces of the Brush: The Heartprint of Fu Shen
- A Grand Presentation of the Encyclopedia of Buddhist Arts
- Korean Romanization
- Song of Tibet (Yeshe Dolma 益西卓瑪) and A Mongolian Tale (黑駿馬)
- The History of the Book in China
- Social Memory and State Formation in Early China
- Treasures of the Palace Museum (故宫藏美)
- Bridging the Pacific for Seventy Years: Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library (1948-2018)
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Treasures of the Palace Museum (故宫藏美):
A Special Symposium & Exhibit
Friday, November 2, 2018 at 12:00 - 3:30 p.m.
The Presentation Room, Charles E. Young Research Library (11348 YRL), UCLA Library
As part of the EAL's 70th Anniversary Celebration Program, this event featured an exhibition of nine replicas (原大原樣複製) of the Song Yuan Ming Qing paintings held by the Palace Museum, followed by a presentation by the Forbidden City Publishing House (Palace Museum Press). This was a rare opportunity to view artistic masterpieces from ancient Chinese history.
Schedule of Events
12:00 p.m. Exhibition of Palace Museum paintings
12:30 p.m. Reception and Social (Light refreshments served)
1:30 p.m. Presentation (in Chinese) by The Forbidden City Publishing House (Palace Museum Press)
Following the presentation, a lively discussion was held between the guest speakers, UCLA faculty, students, and general public.
This event was co-sponsored by the Palace Museum Press and He Zhengdai Cultural Research Foundation (何振岱文化研究基金會).
In the year 2018, the East Asian Library celebrates its 70th Anniversary since its founding in 1948.