- Man-Hing Chen Memorial 陳餘敏卿纪念基金
- She-Wo Cheng Memorial Fund 成舍我紀念基金
- Nubo Huang of Zhongkun Group Cultural Endowment Fund 中坤集團黃怒波文化交流基金
- Edna and Yu-Shan Han Collection and Endowment Fund 韓玉珊教授紀念基金
- May C. Chong Endowment 張美青文化基金
- Yong Chen Chu Endowed Fund in Support of Chinese Language and Culture 朱永琛中國文化基金
- Alice Lee-Tsiang Chung Memorial Collection Endowment 鐘蒋莉青纪念基金
- Sammy Yukuan Lee Family Endowment for Chinese Archaeology and Culture 李汝寬家族中国考古文化基金
- Bing Liu of Evergreen Books Endowed Collection in Chinese Culture 劉冰中國文化圖書基金
- Amy Ching-Fen Tsiang Legacy Endowment 蔣吳慶芬基金
- Stephen O. Lesser Endowment 史迪文基金
- Southern California Foundation for the Preservation of Chinese Literature and History INC. Endowment
- Lifu Wang Chinese Cultural Endowment
- David and Yachiyo Nakatani Memorial Collection Endowment for Japanese Studies
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Made possible by a gift from Stephen O. Lesser
As a UCLA student, Stephen O. Lesser, BA ’61, majored in international relations with an emphasis on European studies. While an undergraduate, he was unaware of the Asian holdings in the only campus library, then housed within the Powell Building. However, after working for the American consulate in Tokyo, Sapporo, and Fukuoka, Japan, Lesser became interested in Asian culture. When he returned to Los Angeles, he discovered the substantial East Asian collections that had been relocated to the Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library at UCLA. With an increasing focus on Chinese, Japanese, and Korean societies, Lesser has now traveled to many Asian countries including China, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. Along the way, he has studied both the Chinese and Japanese languages. Mr. Lesser hoped that his contribution to establish the Stephen O. Lesser Endowment in the East Asian Library will enhance the admirable work that library staff members continue to perform in developing the Asian collections.
史迪文 (1961屆本科) 曾在加州大學洛杉磯分校就讀，主修國際關系尤其是歐洲研究。但是他在校時並沒有留意校內唯一家圖書館鮑威爾中的亞洲館藏。然而畢業后在日本東京、札幌、福岡美國領事館的工作經驗燃起了他對亞洲文化的興趣。待他回國后，他發現主要的東亞館藏已被遷至魯德福東亞圖書館。
Translated into Chinese by Yinglei Yang 楊英蕾
East Asian Library