- University Archives: the History of UCLA
- Los Angeles History and Culture
- History of Medicine and the Sciences
- World Histories and Cultures
- Manuscripts, Rare Books and Print Culture: History of Printing and Publishing
- Performing Arts (Music, Film and Television, Theater, and Dance)
- Visual Arts
- Center for Oral History Research
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Library Special Collections documents the history of scientific discoveries and inventions, research trends, communities, and communications, and teaching methods and materials in medicine and its allied health fields and the biological sciences, all of which advance UCLA's research, teaching, and learning mission.
For more information, contact:
Current Collecting Priorities
- Basic and clinical neurosciences
- Pain research and treatment
- Popular medicine
- Emergency medical services
- Portrait and commemorative medallic art
- Medical and scientific philosophy and ethics
- Visual presentation of scientific information
- Artists' books
- Los Angeles and civic engagement
More About the Collection
For more information about the collections and materials available online, see Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library History and Special Collections for the Sciences Research Guide.