- University Archives: the History of UCLA
- Los Angeles History and Culture
- History of Medicine and the Sciences
- World Histories and Cultures
- Manuscripts, Rare Books and Print Culture: History of Printing and Publishing
- Performing Arts (Music, Film and Television, Theater, and Dance)
- Punk Music and Culture
- Visual Arts
- Center for Oral History Research
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
The UCLA Center for Oral History Research (COHR) conducts in-depth, multi-session oral history interviews with individuals who have been a part of the history of the Los Angeles metropolitan area and its many communities. COHR has particularly strong collections in the history of social movements, communities of color, the arts, Los Angeles politics and government, and the history of UCLA.
For more information, please contact:
Current collecting priorities
- Los Angeles communities of color and ethnic and immigrant communities
- Los Angeles social movements
Out of scope
- Oral histories that do not focus primarily on Southern California
More About the Collection
For a complete list of the oral histories in COHR’s collection and access to a number of the transcripts and recordings, visit COHR’s website.