- Man-Hing Chen Memorial 陳餘敏卿纪念基金
- She-Wo Cheng Memorial Fund 成舍我紀念基金
- Nubo Huang of Zhongkun Group Cultural Endowment Fund 中坤集團黃怒波文化交流基金
- Edna and Yu-Shan Han Collection and Endowment Fund 韓玉珊教授紀念基金
- May C. Chong Endowment 張美青文化基金
- Yong Chen Chu Endowed Fund in Support of Chinese Language and Culture 朱永琛中國文化基金
- Alice Lee-Tsiang Chung Memorial Collection Endowment 鐘蒋莉青纪念基金
- Sammy Yukuan Lee Family Endowment for Chinese Archaeology and Culture 李汝寬家族中国考古文化基金
- Bing Liu of Evergreen Books Endowed Collection in Chinese Culture 劉冰中國文化圖書基金
- Amy Ching-Fen Tsiang Legacy Endowment 蔣吳慶芬基金
- Stephen O. Lesser Endowment 史迪文基金
- Southern California Foundation for the Preservation of Chinese Literature and History INC. Endowment
- Lifu Wang Chinese Cultural Endowment
- David and Yachiyo Nakatani Memorial Collection Endowment for Japanese Studies
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Made possible by a gift from May Chen and Dr. Tom Lo
California became a state in 1850, and the census taken that year revealed two Chinese residents in Los Angeles. In the ensuing years the population of Chinese Americans grew rapidly, and their countless contributions to the local economy set the region on a path to its current status as a gateway to the Pacific Rim. Today, more than 500,000 Chinese Americans call Southern California home.
The Southern California Foundation for the Preservation of Chinese Literature and History INC. Endowment supports collecting, organizing, preserving, and providing access to materials that explore the history and literature of Chinese Americans in Southern California. Its acquisitions may be housed in the Richard C. Rudolph East Asian Library or UCLA Library Special Collections and will be available for use by UCLA students, faculty, and staff as well as by researchers from around the country and world and interested members of the public. In establishing this endowment, its creators, Ms. May Chen and Dr. Tom Lo, invite contributions by individuals and organizations from throughout Southern California who share an interest in preserving the legacy of Chinese Americans. This pattern of wide participation makes the endowment a true community effort and honors the memory of all those whose history its contents record.
The Endowment was established by Ms. May Chen and Dr. Tom Lo in 2017. Dr. Evans Lam has augmented the endowment through his generous support.
Translated into Chinese by Xingyu Pan 潘星宇
Image: Calligraphy of “Guangda chuancheng” was written by Professor San-Pao Li. 光大傳承” 由李三寶教授題寫
East Asian Library
See all items purchased through this Endowment.