Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Requesting Items from the SRLF In Person
The SRLF is about a twenty-five-minute walk from the Charles E. Young Research Library. A campus map showing the location of the SRLF is available (PDF).
Users can request and pick up items in person at the SRLF reception desk Monday through Friday from 1 to 5 p.m.
Limited parking is available for those with blue campus parking permits. Other permit holders should inquire at a campus parking kiosk before going to the facility. Parking may be available for those without UCLA permits; ask at a campus parking kiosks. Parking Services charges $12 per entry, and a permit for one lot is not transferable to any other lot.
Requesting Items from the SRLF Online
With a valid UCLA Library account, you can place requests through UC Library Search for delivery of SRLF materials to any campus library.
- From UC Library Search locate the item you want to request, and then click the MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT link under the “How to get it” section.
- Login one of two ways:
- As a UCLA affiliated user with a 9-digit UCLA ID.
- As a Community User without a 9-digit UCLA ID.
- Click the Request link under the “How to get it” section.
- A window with the request form will appear; choose the campus library Pickup Location, and then click SEND REQUEST. Your request has now been submitted.
- For journals and multi-volume monographs, click the Southern Regional Library Facility holdings under the “How to get it” LOCATIONS section. Click the Request link next to the volume you would like to request. Follow step 4.
- To request additional volumes from that title, click BACK and then click Request for the next volume needed. Repeat this process for each volume needed.
- You can view the status of your request by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner of the browser and selecting My Requests.
- When you finish your session, click SIGN OUT under your name. This will close the browser and prevent other users from viewing your account information.
Materials requested before 11 a.m. Monday through Friday will be available for pick-up at the circulation desk of the library chosen after 4 p.m. on the same day. Materials requested after 11 a.m. on weekdays or anytime on weekends or holidays can be picked up after 4 p.m. the next business day. Materials will be held for one week.