Have questions about your research?
We can help!
A message for our research visitors
The Archive Research and Study Center is currently closed. There will be no viewing appointments at the Instructional Media Lab until further notice.
For the most current campus information, UCLA has created a COVID-19 website to serve as a source of knowledge for the general public: covid-19.ucla.edu
Coordinate a Research Visit
Many of the UCLA Film & Television Archive's holdings can be viewed for research purposes in the Powell Library Instructional Media Lab. All research visits and viewing requests must be coordinated in advance with the Archive Research and Study Center. We do not collect books, periodicals, production files, scripts or photographs.
- While some holdings can be made available for appointment viewing with short lead time, a significant portion of the collection may require up to two weeks or longer to be made accessible for viewing.
- As the first step in arranging a visit, please search Collections to locate titles of interest.
- From researching the Archive Catalog, we ask that you please compile your viewing request list and email it to us, noting item inventory numbers and titles as listed in the Archive Catalog.
- Upon receipt of your requests from the Archive Catalog, ARSC staff will advise as to the availability of specific titles, make recommendations for additional materials of interest, and assist in selecting appropriate visit dates for your appointments.
- Please review our FAQ before planning any travel to conduct research at the Archive.
Contact the Archive Research and Study Center
University of California, Los Angeles
Powell Library (Room 46)
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1517
Telephone: (310) 206-5388