Have questions about your research?
We can help!
A message for our research visitors
The UCLA Film & Television Archive Research and Study Center (ARSC) is pleased to resume onsite viewing appointments for valid BruinCard holders on September 23, 2021.
All requests to view materials from the Archive’s collection must be arranged in advance by emailing ARSC (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once your research request is confirmed via email by ARSC staff, materials will be placed on reserve in the Instructional Media Lab, located on the second floor of Powell Library in Room 270.
Viewing hours for the Instructional Media Lab are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hours of operation are subject to change. Please review instructions on how to search and request materials.
A valid BruinCard and face mask worn over the nose and mouth are required to enter all UCLA libraries. UCLA’s current COVID-19 protocols require all individuals—whether fully vaccinated or not—to wear a face covering indoors in all campus buildings. Examples of acceptable face masks are two-ply woven fabric masks or face coverings, surgical masks, non-woven KN95 masks and N95 respirators. Scarves, Balaclavas/ski masks, single-layer fabric masks, neck gaiters, bandanas and turtleneck collars are unacceptable.
Plan a Research Visit
Many of the UCLA Film & Television Archive's holdings can be viewed for research purposes in the Powell Library Instructional Media Lab. All research visits and viewing requests must be coordinated in advance with the Archive Research and Study Center. We do not collect books, periodicals, production files, scripts or photographs.
- While some holdings can be made available for appointment viewing with short lead time, a significant portion of the collection may require up to two weeks or longer to be made accessible for viewing.
- As the first step in arranging a visit, please search Collections to locate titles of interest.
- From researching the UC Library Search catalog, we ask that you please compile your viewing request list and email it to us, noting item inventory numbers and titles as listed in the catalog.
- Upon receipt of your requests from the catalog, ARSC staff will advise on the availability of specific titles, make recommendations for additional materials of interest, and assist in selecting appropriate visit dates for your appointments.
- Please review our FAQ before planning any travel to conduct research at the Archive.
Contact the Archive Research and Study Center
University of California, Los Angeles
Powell Library (Room 46)
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1517
Telephone: (310) 206-5388