Korean Electronic Resources
This list is limited to electronic databases subscribed to the UCLA.
UCLA faculty, students and staff with valid UCLA Logon ID can access restricted resources from home using UCLA's Bruin Online Proxy Server or VPN (Virtual Private Network).
See Connect from Off-Campus for instructions on setting up VPN or proxy server.
MOAZINE (모아진) - it includes about 200 magaznie titles published in South Korea. Back issues of most titles are available for the past 2-3 years. Subject covered include social issues, economy, education, arts, literature, popular culture, life style, fashion, travel, sports, computer, science, and technology.
- EncyKorea (한국민족문화대백과사전) - Online version of Han'guk minjok munhwa tae sajon, the most frequently used encyclopedia on Korean Studies.
- DBpia (디비피아) - full-text database of scholarly journal articles.
- Korean Infomation Service System: KISS (한국학술정보 학술데이터베이스) - full-text database of scholarly journal articles.
- Kyobo Scholar (교보 스콜라) - full-text database of scholarly journal articles
- New Nonmun (학지사) - Full-text database of Korean scholarly journal articles
- E-articles (학술교육원) - Full-text database of Korean scholarly journal articles
- RISS International (학술연구정보서비스) - RISS International is an integrated database search of full-text journal databases (include KISS and DBpia) and provide links to those databases. It also services theses & dissertations held in more than 150 universities in South Korea, and over 7 million bibliographic records
- KRpia - Full-text databases of primary sources in Korean Studies including Koryŏsa, Samguk sagi, Samguk yusa, Chŭngbo munhŏn pigo, and many other titles.
- CNC Academic Information - full-text database on literature, linguistics, history, geography, geology,
- KSI ebook - Selected full-text electronic books by the publisher, Hanguk Haksul Chongbo.
- Korea AtoZ (DB Media Contents Library) - Full-text of primary sources and classics in Korean studies.
- Korean History & Culture Research Database (한국역사문화 조사자료 데이터베이스) - Full-text of excavation reports, research reports about geography, history, ethnic customs and architecture.
Newspapers, Magazines, and Government Documents Archives
- Choson Daily Newspaper Archive (조선일보 아카이브) - Note: working via VPN only at this moment
- Naver News Library (네이버 뉴스라이브러리) - 동아일보, 경향신문, 매일경제, 한겨례
- Kyongsong Ilbo (Keijo Nippo 경성일보)
- Kyongsong Sinbo (경성신보 京城新報) - Japanese-language newspapers, published in Korea during the period of Japanese colonization. The articles are provided in PDF format and are not searchable.
- Hanguk kundae chapchison (한국근대잡지선) - Collection of magazines published in the early part of the 20th century.
- Choson haengjong (조선행정 朝鮮行政) - Japanese-language periodical published by the Japanese colonial government in Korea from 1937-1944.
- Ilche ha sahoe undongsa charyojip (일제하사회운동사자료집) - Japanese-language government documents related to Korean’s social and resistance movements during the colonial period.
- Han-Il Hoedam chonggukwon kwallyon munso (한일회담청구권관련문서) - Collection of documents related to negotiations for the compensations during the Korea-Japan normalization talks from 1952-1966.
- Ilche ha chonsi chejegi chongchaek saryo chongso (일제하전시체제기정책사료총서) - Japanese language historical documents on Japanese colonial rules and policies that applied in Korea during the latter part of the colonial period (1937-1945).
- MBC Archive (MBC 아카이브) - database of multi media source produced by MBC (Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation) of Korea
- Digital Culture Art Course - Video lectures on Korean traditional and contemporary art and culture topics by scholars and specialists.
- History and Culture Database (진인진 역사문화시리즈) - Includes academic articles on history, anthropology, folklore, religion and art history.
Social Science Database
- Korean Social Science Data Archive (KOSSDA=한국사회과학자료원)
- LawnB (로앤비) - Legal resources including Korean laws, decisions, attorney, law firms, articles, e-books and many other law-related information.
- North Korean Laws (북한법률DB) - resources on North Korean laws
Selected Korean Studies Web Resources
- Naver (Korean Portal Site)
- Who's who in Korea (JOINS)
- KINDS 검색 (Korean Integrated Newspaper Database System)
- Han'guk Kogo Hakhoe(한국고고학회) = The Korean Archeological Society
- Han'guk Sinsokki Yon'guhoe(한국신석기 연구회) = Korean Neolithic Research Society
Korean Premodern History
- Complete Collection of the Korean Study of Confucian Classics (한국경학자료시스템)
- Korean History : A Bibliography (compiled by Kenneth R. Robinson)
- Parhaesa (발해사)