Self-service copy machines and scanners can be used for maps in the open collections on the A-level of the Charles E. Young Research Library. Copy machines will take up to legal-size paper but cannot print color. Scanners will take up to letter-size paper.
Larger Copies and Scans
Larger copies and scans, as well as reproductions of historical maps, can be made by two outside vendors. When requesting such a reproduction, please take note of the following provisions:
- A Library staff member must review and approve all map reproduction requests. Requesters are responsible for obtaining any copyright permissions needed before reproduction.
- The Library charges fees for collection-related services. Fees must be paid in US currency. Payments can be made online or by check payable to the University of California Regents. California residents must add 8.75% sales tax.
- UC users include UC faculty, staff and students. UC user fees apply to university-directed research only. Services and materials for outside research will be charged at the non-UC rate.
- Payment in full is required before orders can be picked up. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for orders estimated to cost $50 or more.
Color Digital Reprographics
Color Digital Reprographics can be reached at (310) 201-0300. The requester must contact the company to start an order. Company staff will need to know the number of items, each item's size and the type of reproduction required. The requester will also need to provide the following pick-up location:
Maps and Government Information
Charles E. Young Research Library
A1540 Charles E. Young Research Library, UCLA
Southern Regional Library Facility (SRLF)
The SRLF(opens in a new tab), located on the UCLA campus, can be reached at (310) 206-2010. The requester must contact the facility to start an order. SRLF staff will need to know the number of items, each item's size and the type of reproduction required. The items will be transported to the SRLF as part of the Library’s routine daily pick-ups and deliveries to the facility.
Outside Vendor Fees
Color Digital Reprographics and SRLF set their rates depending on the services requested. Requesters are responsible for contacting the chosen vendor to place orders and must pay the vendor directly. The Library applies the following cost-recovery charges:
- Production fee: waived for the first ten maps, then $33 per map for UC users or $45 per map for non-UC users
- Research fee (if applicable): waived for the first half hour, then $53 per hour for UC users or $72 per hour for non-UC users
Additional UCLA Map Reproduction Services
Policies on this page apply to the Henry J. Bruman Map Collection in the Research Library. For reproduction of atlases and maps at other locations, consider the following options:
Print, Copy, ScanCheck out our options for self-service printing, scanning and copying of materials in campus libraries.
Library Special Collections e-Delivery and DuplicationLearn how to access Library Special Collections materials digitally from anywhere in the world.
SRLF Imaging ServicesFor digitization of maps held by the SRLF, check out their website for additional information, pricing and a link to their inquiry form.
Document DeliveryUsers who wish to obtain a scan from UCLA Library collection can utilize our document delivery service.
Have Further Questions?
We're here to help. Chat with a librarian 24/7, schedule a research consultation or email us your quick questions.