Data Science Center Blog
Happy New Year’s from the Data Science Center! Take a look at some of our book recommendations for the year. Whether you want to learn technical skills or have an interest in the social impacts of the growing data science community, there are books listed below for you.
1. R for Data Science by Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund
2. Python Data Science Handbook by Jake VanderPlas
3. Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics by Bhargav Srinivasa-Desikan
1. Weapons of Math Destruction By Cathy O’Neil
2. The Art of Statistics: How to Learn from Data by David Spiegelhalter
3. Race After Technology by Ruha Benjamin
4. Algorithms of Oppression by Dr. Safiya Noble
5. Data Sketches by Nadieh Brimer and Shirley Wu
She is an Assistant Professor of Information Studies at UCLA.
7. Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz