Have questions about your research?
We can help!
The Arts Library, located in the Luskin School of Public Affairs building, is undergoing seismic upgrades and as a result, is closed to patrons through summer and early fall 2022. We are aiming to physically open to patrons in late October and will provide updates as we have more information. Collections will be available to UCLA patrons via Page and Pickup. Arts Course Reserves materials will be housed in Powell Library. Please contact us at AskUs@library.ucla.edu with questions.
Services During Construction
Why is the Arts Library closed?
- The Arts Library, located in 1400 Luskin School of Public Affairs building, will be undergoing seismic upgrades and will be closed to patrons through summer and early fall 2022. We are aiming to physically open to patrons in late October and will provide updates as we have more information. Collections and services are still available to UCLA patrons.
- More information on all UCLA Library locations for summer 2022 is available online.
Are Arts Library collections available via Page and Pickup?
- Yes! Most Arts Library collections are available to active UCLA BruinCard holders through Page and Pickup. Starting March 28th, 2022, campus visitors with an access card or fee card can also page materials. Some non-circulating and limited loan materials have more restrictive location options for paging.
- Regular and oversized circulating materials: can be paged to Powell Library or Young Research Library (YRL) for checkout
- Selected Plays & Monologues, and Selected Film & Television Scripts: can be paged to Powell Library or Young Research Library (YRL) for checkout
- Arts Closed Stacks Audio-visual Media: can be paged to Powell Library or Young Research Library (YRL) for checkout
- Reference collection materials: can be paged to Powell Library or Young Research Library (YRL) for on-site use
- Permanent Reserves materials: can be paged to Powell Library or Young Research Library (YRL) for 2-hour loan
- Microfilm and microfiche: can be paged to Young Research Library (YRL) for use with microform readers
- Current Periodicals in print collection: not available for paging at this time
- Cage materials and SRLF Non-Circ Request at UCLA Arts Library materials: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title, call number, and your research or teaching need.
How do I request page and pickup for Arts Library collections?
- From UC Library Search, find the item, login to "My Library Account", and select "Request". Available options will display. More information about UC Library Search available on this guide.
- UCLA students, faculty, and staff may login to their Library Account by clicking on 'UCLA Users' and then entering their SSO UCLA Logon. All other users should select 'Community Users.' If it is your first time logging in, enter your library card number for both the username and the password. You will then be prompted to reset the password. Community users must obtain an access or fee card before requesting page and pickup from Arts.
- Paged Arts Library materials are picked up for delivery on weekdays. Most materials will be available for pickup at Powell or YRL within approximately three days. Patrons will receive a notification when the item is ready to be picked up.
Where can I return books?
- You can return Arts Library books and other circulating materials to any other UCLA Library location, including the outdoor book bins on the Young Research Library (YRL) portico.
Are print Course Reserves materials available?
- The Arts Library KIC scanner is not available at this time, but overhead large format scanners are available in the Music Library, Powell Library, and YRL.
Need research or instruction help?
Can I donate materials?
- Due to space limitations during this project, we are not accepting donations at this time. We are happy to review a title list and advise about options and timeline. Please contact the Subject Librarian for the topic area.