Have questions about your research?
We can help!
We prioritize open and robust access to information and enact policies that advance open knowledge creation.
- Support continued mandates that funded research results be published openly for public and researcher discovery, use, and re-use.
- Partner for transformative scholarly communication initiatives with publishing vendors and other organizations that support new models of scholarly output and dissemination.
- Advocate for and educate our UCLA community about the UC Open Access Policies and the need for scholarly communication transformation.
- Digitize and provide access to unique cultural heritage materials that support broad access.
- Support the research data lifecycle, especially data preservation and re-use.
- Advocate for and integrate research and data skills into courses and curricula.
- Center open access principles in all activities to further democratize and enhance access to knowledge.
- Leverage user experience when we develop, revise, and maintain our systems that enable content discovery, access, and management in all modes of research and instruction.
- Increase open digital and data resources to support teaching,learning, research, and creative output.
- Build, support, and curate content and data representative of our community and the history of Los Angeles and its role as a global city.