Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Director Brian E. C. Schottlaender
One of the academic library world’s prominent leaders, Schottlaender headed the UC San Diego Library during 1999-2017, developing it into one of the nation’s top public academic research libraries. Long a proponent of cooperation among libraries and related organizations, Schottlaender served as President of the Association of Research Libraries and of ALA's Association for Library Collections & Technical Services. In addition, he chaired the Steering Committee of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging, the Steering Committee of the Pacific Rim Digital Library Alliance, the HathiTrust Board of Governors, and the WEST Executive Committee. Currently, he chairs the ALA's Constitution and Bylaws Committee and serves as Vice President and Treasurer of the Dr. Seuss Foundation.
Faculty in past years have included
• Christine Borgman, Distinguished Research Professor of Information Studies, UCLA
• Charles Henry, President, Council on Library and Information Resources
• Mary Lee Kennedy, Executive Director, Association of Research Libraries
• Clifford Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
• Jeff MacKie-Mason, University Librarian and Chief Digital Scholarship Officer, UC Berkeley
• Mark Puente, Associate Dean for Organizational Development, Inclusion, and Diversity, Purdue University Libraries
• Roger C. Schonfeld, Vice President of Organizational Strategy, Ithaka S+R
• Melissa Woo, Executive Vice President for Administration and Chief Information Officer, Michigan State University