UCLA Library Senior Fellows
Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Since its creation in 1982, the UCLA Library Senior Fellows program has identified and developed numerous academic library leaders who have gone on to distinguished careers. Over the years,
more than 250 academic librarians have participated in this highly prestigious program. Their names
constitute a virtual “who’s who” of academic library leadership in the United States and Canada.
Scheduled every two years, this intensive, three-week residential program combines management perspectives, strategic thinking, and practical and theoretical approaches to the issues confronting academic institutions and their libraries.
The program receives generous administrative support from the UCLA Library.
August 5, 2022
UCLA Library was very pleased to host 20 top academic library managers on campus this summer for its biennial Senior Fellows program.
The residential program, which took place July 11 to 29, drew senior academic library administrators from around the country for intensive sessions with program faculty on topics that included change management; positive leadership; equity, diversity, and inclusion; facilities planning; economics and finance; and public policy.
Pictured below with program director Brian E. C. Schottlaender, the 2022 senior fellows were:
- Kelly Broughton, assistant dean for research and education services, university libraries, Ohio University
- Kimberley Bugg, associate library director, Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library
- Daniel Dollar, associate university librarian for scholarly resources, Yale University Library
- María Estorino, interim vice provost for university libraries and university librarian, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries
- Jennie Gerke, associate dean of university libraries, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Emily Gore, associate dean of libraries, University of Georgia
- Harriett Green, associate university librarian for digital scholarship and technology services, Washington University in St. Louis
- Elizabeth Gushee, associate dean, digital strategies, University of Miami Libraries
- Jonathan Harwell, associate director of collection and resource services, Georgia College & State University
- Amy Hoseth, associate dean, user services and assessment, Colorado State University Libraries
- Regina Koury, director, Paul Robeson Library, Rutgers University–Camden
- Rebecca Lubas, dean of libraries, Central Washington University
- Marla Peppers, associate dean, university library, Cal State Los Angeles
- Brian Rossmann, associate dean, Montana State University Library
- Joan Ruelle, dean, Carol Grotnes Belk Library, Elon University
- Anne Seymour, director, Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins University
- Zheng “John” Wang, dean, Meriam Library, Cal State Chico
- Berenika Webster, director of assessment and quality assurance, University Library System, University of Pittsburgh
- Suzanne Wones, associate university librarian for digital strategies and innovation, Harvard Library, Harvard University
- BethAnn Zambella, director of libraries, Denison University