Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Options for Self-Service Printing, Copying, and Scanning
Library visitors can purchase a visitor BruinCard at the BruinCard machines in all major libraries. The cost is fifty-eight cents and the machines accept cash only. The cards are reusable, and value can be added to them at any library or campus BruinCard machine. Visitor BruinCards can also be used for purchases at campus locations and more than twenty businesses in Westwood that accept the BruinCard. However, refunds cannot be issued for any money left on a visitor BruinCard when the user is finished.
Library Printers and Copiers with BruinCard Release Stations
- Black-and-white printers, copiers, and microform copiers are available in all libraries.
- Print jobs sent from library computers are automatically sent to all library printers in the building, but won't print until you pay. (CLICC laptops default to the building you checked it out from.)
- Next to each printer or copier is a release station where you can swipe your BruinCard to pay for it.
- BruinPrint/wepa Kiosks, provided in partnership with ASUCLA, provide both black-and-white and color printing.
- Files can be on a USB drive or uploaded to www.bruinprint.com. (There are also apps to send files direct from your computer or mobile device.)
- Payment can be made through an online account, BruinCard, or credit card.*
See Copy/Print Fees and Rates.
- Free flatbed scanners available in the Arts Library, Biomedical Library, Research Library, and Science and Engineering Library (both Boelter and Geology locations).
- The Arts Library also has a large format overhead scanner.
- All scanners will e-mail files.
- The CLICC Lab and Classrooms in Powell have both black-and-white and color printers.
- They use the same BruinCard release stations as the general library printers.
- There are also four free scanners available.
Self-service copying and printing prices (including sales tax).
|Regular photocopying||$0.09 per exposure||$0.16 per exposure|
|Microform copying||$0.15 per exposure||$0.27 per exposure|
|B&W printing (Library and CLICC printers)||$0.11 per page||$0.11 per page|
|Color printing (CLICC only)||$0.21 per page||(not available)|
|B&W printing (BruinPrint/wepa) *||
$0.09 per page (single-sided)
$0.075 per side (double-sided)
|Color printing (BruinPrint/wepa) *||
$0.29 per page (single-sided)
$0.22 per side (double-sided)
|Visitor BruinCard purchase||(not applicable)||$0.58 per card|
* Credit card payments on BruinPrint/wepa Kiosks include an additional $0.40 fee, regardless of the number of pages.
Transfer to or use of a UCLA BruinCard by a non-UCLA user constitutes a violation of UCLA Library policies and regulations; unauthorized use of a UCLA BruinCard or Visitor BruinCard may result in revocation of UCLA Library privileges and confiscation of the card.
Add Money to BruinCards
- With cash, use one of the BruinCard machines available in all major libraries.
- With credit card or electronic check, use BruinCard E-Cash Secure Deposit.
- To purchase or add money to a departmental BruinCard. see BruinCard Forms, Policy and Procedures.
- For more options, see the BruinCard Web site.
- Problems that may qualify for a refund: smudged or faint output, torn or crinkled paper, no prints produced.
- In CLICC, contact an on-duty consultant for assistance.
- For BruinPrint kiosks, see Refund Procedure for Defective Prints.
- For copiers and other printers, requests for refunds should be reported to the Office of Reprographic Services by telephone at (310) 825-9905 or by email to department head Barbara Rivers. The message should include the problem and location, BruinCard ID number, and a daytime contact number. A response will be sent as soon as possible during regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.