Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Requesting Items from the SRLF In Person
The SRLF is about a twenty-five-minute walk from the Charles E. Young Research Library. A campus map showing the location of the SRLF is available (PDF).
Users can request and pick up items in person at the SRLF reception desk Monday through Friday from 1 to 5 p.m.
Limited parking is available for those with blue campus parking permits. Other permit holders should inquire at a campus parking kiosk before going to the facility. Parking may be available for those without UCLA permits; ask at a campus parking kiosks. Parking Services charges $12 per entry, and a permit for one lot is not transferable to any other lot.
Requesting Items from the SRLF Online
With a valid UCLA Library account, you can place requests through the Library Catalog for delivery of SRLF materials to any campus library.
- From the UCLA Library Catalog record for the item you want to request, click Request an Item in the Actions menu on the right.
Logon one of two ways:
- Use your UCLA Logon ID and password (UCLA students, faculty, and staff can use this option).
- Use your library card number and last name (all library card holders can use this option).
- Select "Request an Item from SRLF".
- A window with the request form will appear with information about the item already filled in.
- For journals and multi-volume monographs, choose the volume you want.
- Select a pick-up location.
- Additional information can be supplied in the Special Instructions field.
- Click Submit.
- To request additional volumes, click Request an Item and repeat steps 4-8.
- You can view the status of your request by clicking "My Account" below the banner or in the footer.
- When you finish your session, click on "Logout". This will close the browser and prevent other users from viewing your account information.
Materials requested before 11 a.m. Monday through Friday will be available for pick-up at the circulation desk of the library chosen after 4 p.m. on the same day. Materials requested after 11 a.m. on weekdays or anytime on weekends or holidays can be picked up after 4 p.m. the next business day. Materials will be held for one week.