Have questions about your research?
We can help!
Loans for Exhibition
As part of our mission to inspire discovery, cultivate knowledge, and advance research, UCLA Library Special Collections lends collection materials to cultural heritage institutions around the world for exhibition. Through our outgoing loans program, Special Collections facilitates the discovery and interpretation of collection materials in new contexts.
Outgoing loan requests are considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the physical condition of the items requested, the facilities of the borrowing institution, and the anticipated research needs of the UCLA community for the items. Please contact email@example.com or call (310) 825-4988 first if research assistance is needed to identify items.
Please send loan request letters to:
Curator / Manuscripts Librarian
A1713, Charles E. Young Research Library
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575
Request letters should include the following information:
- place of exhibition, including other venues
- title and dates of the exhibition
- expected loan dates including time for shipping, installation, and de-installation
- full citation including call number or collection, box, and folder number of items being requested
- display information if available such as page opening, wall-mounted, vitrine case, cradle, etc.
- description of the exhibition: subject, purpose, etc.
- assurance that all costs (loan fees, shipping, insurance, imaging, etc.) will be paid by the borrower
Contact Hannah Moshier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 825-7187 for more information.
Exhibition Lending Fees
|Per loaned item fee||$139 per item|
|Shipping/messenger service (outsourced)||At cost|
|Materials to protect / Ship loaned items||At cost|
|Appraisal fee||At cost|
|Insurance||Provided by institution|