Requesting Items from the SRLF Online
With a valid UCLA Library account number, you can place requests through the Library Catalog for delivery of SRLF materials to any campus library. To request materials:
- From the UCLA Library Catalog record for the SRLF item you want to request, click on the Request an Item button below the banner.
- There are two ways to enter your patron information while making a request:
- Click the UCLA Logon button and use your UCLA Logon ID and password (UCLA students, faculty, and staff can use this option).
- Logon with your library card number and last name (all library card holders, including UCLA students, faculty, and staff can use this option).
- Select Request an Item from SRLF from the pull-down menu. Click OK.
- A window with the request form will appear. Information about the item will already be filled in.
- For journals and multi-volume monographs, choose the volume you want from the Select an item pull-down menu.
- Select a pick-up location. Note: Young Research Library is the default pick-up location.
- Enter your library card number (unless you logged on with your UCLA Logon ID).
- Additional information can be supplied in the Comment field.
- Click on the Submit Request button to transmit the request.
- To request additional journal volumes, click on the Back to Record button and repeat these steps.
- You can view the status of your request by clicking on the My Account button below the banner or in the footer.
- When you finish your session, click on the Exit/Logout button below the banner or in the footer. This will close the browser and prevent other users from viewing your account information.
Materials requested before 11 a.m. Monday through Friday will be available for pick-up at the circulation desk of the library chosen after 4 p.m. on the same day. Materials requested after 11 a.m. on weekdays or anytime on weekends or holidays can be picked up after 4 p.m. the next business day. Materials will be held for one week.