External Users Eligible for Free Cards
Free Library cards will be issued to individuals with current, government-issued photographic identification and appropriate proof of status in the following categories:
- Faculty and librarians from accredited institutions of higher education in the state of California in accordance with the state's Master Plan for Higher Education.
- Current members of certain UC support groups, e.g., members of UC alumni associations.
- Individuals covered by special agreements between UCLA and other institutions.
- Immediate family members over the age of eighteen of UCLA faculty and staff.
- UCLA Extension faculty, upon presentation of a UCLA Extension faculty library card authorization form; the card is valid for the quarter of employment.
- Certificated K-12 public school employees in the state of California.
Those eligible for free cards can obtain them at the circulation desks of the Arts, Louise M. Darling Biomedical, Hugh and Hazel Darling Law, Eugene and Maxine Rosenfeld Management, Music, Powell, Charles E. Young Research, and Science and Engineering libraries. Card issuance hours may vary.