Have questions about your research? Contact a science and engineering librarian!
SEL has the following collections of standards:
If you would like to request the library purchase a standard, please email us with the details.
Searching for Standards beyond SEL:
- Standards Store (Global Engineering/IHS)
- Search for Standards by Publisher (Global Engineering/IHS)
- Standards Developing Organizations
- ISO (International Standards Organization)
- NISO (National Information Standards Organization)
- Los Angeles Public Library - Standards and Specifications at Los Angeles Public Library
General Description of Standards
Engineers and corporations have long recognized the need for the establishment of basic minimum standards for safe design and construction of structures and equipment. As a result, most major industrial groups have established associations to set guidelines for these minimum standards.
Dorf, Richard; Engineering Handbook; Boca Raton; CRC Press; 1996; p. 1908
SEL/Boelter Ref TA 151 E424 1996