New Location beginning July 1, 2013
Beginning July 1, 2013, the reading room and reference access point of the University Archives will be moved to the A-level of the Charles E. Young Research Library in Library Special Collections. Access to the University Archives will correspond with the regular hours of Library Special Collections. The current University Archives reading room will close on July 1, 2013. If you have any questions, please contact Library Special Collections at 310.825.4988 or by email.
Library Special Collections staff will provide up to thirty minutes of reference service for all queries at no fee. If a query takes longer than thirty minutes, a researcher for hire service is available; contact Library Special Collections for further information. For in-depth reference queries, University Archives staff is available by appointment only; contact Library Special Collections for further information.
University Records Services
The University Archives assists university personnel in storing and retrieving records of historical value. These services include:
- on-site surveys of records to identify archival material and transferal of records to the University Archives as per the UCLA records management schedules;
- storage of archival records in a secure and protected environment;
- review and revision of the records management schedules;
- compilation of inventories for records transferred to the Archives and distribution of copies to the originating office;
- advice on the design and implementation of disaster plans.
UCLA Faculty Papers
The university archivist is available to consult with UCLA faculty on the disposition of their professional and research materials. For further information, contact the university archivist by telephone at 310.825.4068.