The University Archives provides UCLA personnel, students, and outside researchers with assistance in locating and using its holdings.
University Archives staff will provide up to thirty minutes of expert reference service for all queries at no fee. If a query takes longer than thirty minutes, a researcher for hire service is available; contact the Archives staff for further information.
University Records Services
The University Archives assists university personnel in storing and retrieving records of historical value. These services include:
- on-site surveys of records to identify archival material and transferal of records to the University Archives as per the UCLA records management schedules;
- storage of archival records in a secure and protected environment;
- review and revision of the records management schedules;
- compilation of inventories for records transferred to the Archives and distribution of copies to the originating office;
- advice on the design and implementation of disaster plans.
UCLA Faculty Papers
The university archivist is available to consult with UCLA faculty on the disposition of their professional and research materials. For further information, contact the university archivist by email or by telephone at 310.825.4068.