New Location beginning July 1, 2013
Beginning July 1, 2013, the reading room and reference access point of the University Archives will be moved to the A-level of the Charles E. Young Research Library in Library Special Collections. Access to the University Archives will correspond with the regular hours of Library Special Collections. The current University Archives reading room will close on July 1, 2013. If you have any questions, please contact Library Special Collections at 310.825.4988 or by email.
Material Stored Off-site
A ready reference collection is available through onsite paging. It includes:
- biographical files arranged alphabetically by name (including curriculum vitae, photographs, biographical statements, and other materials)
- photograph files arranged alphabetically by subject
- subject files arranged alphabetically by subject
- departmental histories
- course catalogs
- Note: catalogs dating from academic years 1882-1883 to 1918-1919 produced by the Los Angeles State Normal School.
- Note: The 1993-1994 yearbook is missing online but a copy is available in the library.
- commencement programs
- student directories
- Daily Bruin
- NOTE: this website does not list years, only reel numbers.
- KEY: year - located in reel number roughly as follows:
- 1915 September - located in Reel 1
- 1920 January - located in Reel 1
- 1925 January - located in Reel 3
- 1930 January - located in Reel 9
- 1940 January - located in Reel 19
- 1950 January - located in Reel 27
- 1960 January - located in Reel 37
- 1970 January - located in Reel 52
- 1980 January - located in Reel 81
- 1990 January - located in Reel 126
- 2000 January - located in Reel 185
- 2002 December 9 - located in Reel 199
- Note: Issues dating prior to September 1919 were produced by students of the Los Angeles State Normal School.
All other primary source materials, indicated by a record series number, are stored off-site and must be paged by Library Special Collections staff; users can then consult them in the reading room. Finding aids for the University Archives collections can be found on the Online Archive of California. When requesting material, provide the record series name and number and the box numbers. Materials should be requested 2-3 days in advance.
Printed guides and handouts describing the University Archives collections and services are available upon request. Information on specific collection areas and relevant collections is also available online through the following links: