The University Archives contains approximately seven thousand linear feet of records, including:
- correspondence files of chancellors, deans, directors, and chairs;
- minutes of meetings;
- publications of administrative units and academic departments;
- biographical files on persons affiliated with UCLA;
- photographs, films, videotapes, and audiotapes of campus events;
- architectural drawings and records;
- curricular materials.
Finding aids for the UCLA Faculty papers can also be found through the Online Archive of California.