Powell Building Use Policy
UCLA Library Administration and College Library reserve the right to approve and schedule use of space within College Library, in the south courtyard, and on the north steps directly in front of the main entrance to Powell Library Building.
Requests for use of spaces within the College Library will be considered on an individual basis. Such requests should be directed to College Library Administration, and must adhere to the guidelines below:
Events and activities are given consideration if in the judgment of College Library and/or in consultation with the Library Administration, they:
- Further the goals of the College Library and UCLA Library, i.e., strengthen services to UCLA undergraduates and faculty
- Relate substantively to academic, literary/cultural, or library interests
- Are appropriate in content, presentation, style, and potential audience
- Are supported by reputable individuals and groups with relationship to academic libraries, higher education, undergraduate education, or UCLA
- Have financial support and no budgetary impact on the library
- Have designated personnel responsible for the event
- Are not injurious or damaging to services, equipment, building, collections, staff or users
College Library will give priority to Library and UCLA-initiated requests for events to be scheduled in College Library.
Space within College Library is generally not available for non-library sponsored events at times when College Library is open for service, nor when UCLA classes are in session or exams are scheduled. The library may choose to co-sponsor some appropriate events in order to support scheduling at other times.