LITE (Library Instruction To Everyone) Bites are short videos created by Diane Mizrachi, reference/instruction librarian in the College Library, and designed by Jeff Warden and his student production team with the help of Stephen Sherwin of College Library. These videos for UCLA undergraduate students were created under the generous auspices of the Office of Residential Life. Each tells the tale of various UCLA Library services with a humorous, fun theme.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
- How to Find Your Course Reserve Materials (two minutes)
- Library Treasure Map (two minutes, fifteen seconds)
Learn about all UCLA libraries for finding pirate swag.
- What you can do in the middle of the night at Powell (two minutes, thirty seconds)
Attractions of Night Powell, the extended-hours reading room
- CLICC (one minute)
Software, hardware, and other features of the College Library Instructional Computing Commons (CLICC)
- SiB - Students in Black (three minutes, thirty seconds)
Why you should be afraid, very afraid, of plagiarism and how the Bruin Success With Less Stress tutorial can help
- The Librarian of Oz (two minutes)
Learn to have a heart and a brain on the Road to Research information literacy tutorial.
- Dude, Where’s My Book?! Using the Online Catalog (two minutes, thirty seconds)
Get some good-looking help finding College Library books.
- Survivor (two minutes, fifty-one seconds)
Using powerful tools to help you get off that research paper island
- Nightmare On Term Paper Eve (three minutes, fourteen seconds)
Don’t be caught napping! Tips for keeping information organized
- Evaluating Web sites with Elvis (two minutes, twenty-five seconds)
If the Web says Elvis is alive, it MUST be true!
- Chalk Talk (four minutes, fifty-one seconds)
Do you zig when you really should zag? Learn important research tips from our coach .
- Indiana Bruins (4:18 minutes)
Discover the Southern Regional Libraries Facilities (SRLF) with Indiana Bruins.
- The Anxiety of Searching for a Book (two minutes, sixteen seconds)
You are not alone! Many students become anxious when looking for their books in the library. Commiserate with fellow Bruins.