The following awards are available:
- $1,000 each for instructors teaching courses with enrollments of fewer than two hundred students
- $2,500 each for instructors teaching courses with enrollments of two hundred or more students
- Collection development awards to build or enhance Library collections in support of specific courses
Each applicant must be the instructor of record. Courses can be at the undergraduate or graduate level but must be for enrolled students (i.e., not UCLA Extension courses).
Applicants are asked to complete a one-page application form and attend a one-hour workshop at which Library staff members introduce search strategies and possible sources for open-access or low-cost instructional resources, and applicants can share ideas with one another and brainstorm.
Mail print applications to: UCLA Library Affordable Course Materials Initiative; 11334 Charles E. Young Research Library; Mailcode 157511. Email electronic applications to: email@example.com. Applicants will receive confirmation notices when their application forms are received.
Applications will be reviewed by a small committee that includes UCLA faculty honored for their teaching accomplishments. Each awardee will be assigned an individual librarian, who will work personally with him or her to assist with locating materials.
- For Fall Quarter 2014 courses: The application period has closed.
- For Winter Quarter 2015: Applications are due by Friday, May 30.
- For Spring Quarter 2015: Applications are due by Friday, October 24.
Funds are awarded throughout the academic year until they have been exhausted. With that in mind, instructors teaching courses during later quarters are encouraged to apply by the earlier deadline.
For Further Information
If you have any questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.825.0746.