Group Study Spaces
College Library Group Study Rooms
College Library Instructional Computing Commons (CLICC) coordinates reservations for the 6 College Library Group Study Rooms located in the reading room on first floor of the Powell Library Building. Click here to make a Powell Library Group Study Room Reservation.
Research Library Group Study Rooms and Collaboration Pods
CLICC also coordinates reservations for the 15 Research Library Group Study Rooms and 20 collaboration pods located around the Research Commons on the first floor of Charles E. Young Research Library. Click here to make a reservation for a YRL Group Study Room or Collaboration Pod.
Using a Group Study Space
- If the online request form is down, reservation requests for same-day or next-day use will be accepted in-person or by phone.
- Users may request a 2-hour maximum per reservation, with no recurring reservations.
- Users must check in at either the CLICC Lab or the YRL Laptop Lending Desk. Users will be given a receipt to display in the space during their reserved time.
- Receipts should be returned to the check-in location at the end of the reserved time.
- Spaces must be claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation start time. After that, you can no longer claim your study space reservation.
- In the Powell Library Building, all Powell Library Building Use Policies apply.
- In the Research Library, all Research Library Building Use Policies apply.
In the Spaces
All group study rooms in the Powell Library Building have a desk, several chairs, an LCD screen, and a whiteboard. Dry-erase markers and erasers may be checked out at the YRL or Powell Lending Laptop Locations. Laptops may connect to the LCD screens for display or presentation purposes.
- Ten of the fifteen group study rooms in the Research Library have LCD screens.
- All twenty collaboration pods have LCD screens.
For more information about group study spaces in the Research Library, please visit Space Reservation.